Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Piano Heaven

I've been feeling theme-y, so last night I played all solo piano on my jazz show (www.kopn.org). Given the abundance of top-shelf solo piano recordings, it would be really hard to put together a bad program on this theme, so I take no credit for the way the show sounded. It basically came together on its own.

KOPN Playlist 5-15-07
artist/song/album/record label

1. Fats Waller/Viper's Drag/The Joint is Jumpin'/Bluebird
2. McCoy Tyner/Naima/The Greeting/Milestone
3. Keith Jarrett/Radiance Part VIII/Radiance/ECM
4. Thelonious Monk/Round About Midnight/Monkisms/Piccadilly
5. Oscar Peterson/I Concentrate on You/Oscar Peterson in Russia/Pablo
6. Art Tatum/These Foolish Things/Solo Masterpieces Vol. 8/Pablo
7. Mulgrew Miller/My Man's Gone Now/Work!/Landmark
8. James Williams/New York/Maybeck Recital Hall Series Vol. 42/Concord
9. Marcus Roberts/Black and Tan Fantasy/Alone with Three Giants/Novus
10. Benny Green/Lester Left Town/Naturally/Telarc

No comments: